Listen up.

Listen up.

Wednesday 25 December 2019

"'CAUSE I GOTTA HAVE FAITH........... "




I made a comment on Richard's blog earlier and said, in answer to his surmising that Robert might be right and there is a god:

" Robert isn't right. There is no god and I think if there was one he'd make a lot more effort to explain himself than the diatribe that the Christian bozos put out"

It was a throwaway line but I think that by chance this is the most enlightened comment I've made in opposition to Catholicism, Christianity and religion in general.

 The official texts that all religions have published over the last (many) years and the debates, discussions, arguments, proselytising and preaching all lack something, - mainly logic.
They depend on something called 'faith' which is a way of saying "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm right because I have this inexplicable thing called 'faith'.




Now if there was a 'supreme' being of any religion one would think that he/she/it would be a bit smarter than the average Joe and, even smarter than the smartest human being, ever. This is a given as I doubt that any religious person of any faith or denomination would accept that his or her god wasn't a cut above everyone else. QED. So, why do we have endless arguments between religious faiths, denominations, factions and religious people and agnostics and atheists if there was a real god lurking around somewhere? If there was one (or more) surely it would think up a sensible and reasoned argument for all the inferior humans to buy into.


"Am I right or am I wrong?" (Phillip Marlowe from The Singing Detective).



1 comment:

  1. A heavy thought for Christmas. Personally, I was bored to death last night by a lady who came around and talked about herself for hours. All I could think was, "I don't think God has a penis."

    ReplyDelete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...