Listen up.

Listen up.

Saturday 26 March 2022

WEIRD SCIENCE

 I wrote a bit of nonsense in that previous post about the possibility of Richard returning to the Catholic Church. I named it THE RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL SON.

I should have known that Robert would find fault in that:


I'm not sure if he's in biblical mode there and getting confused about the parable or if he's making a leap to include himself in my bit of nonsense and suggesting that he feels left out that Father Inthebetta favours Richard over him. Either way I replied that he's confusing the parable of the Prodigal Son with the story of Cain and Abel.

For the heathens out there (and anyone with a life) here's a quick outline of what those biblical stories are about:

The main message of The Prodigal Son is that it doesn't matter how far we stray from God or how we reject his 'gifts', he, she or it is always happy when we return to the fold. God's unconditional love is waiting for us to return home where he, she or it greets us with open arms.

The tragic story of Cain and Abel teaches us a valuable lesson about how to live with sincerity. Their example shows that we learn how not just our actions, but our attitudes matter to God – and how devastating sin's consequences can be. As long as you love him, her or it you can get away with anything.

OK, and you thought that my previous post was nonsense. Here's a good parody of a bible story for you:

 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, which was not a bad start, considering how things have turned out a trillion or so years later. Nowadays, a substantial majority of His creatures great & small entertain the notion that life is a meaningless nightmare & wonder what was the big idea. Speaking of big ideas, here is another possibility: the Big Bang. Kaboom! Those were the days. And darkness was on the face of the deep. According to one school of thought it should have stayed there. And then there never would have been any Aztec Indians to wake up one morning and find themselves face to face with the civic minded Spanish explorer Hernando Cortez, who would torture them and destroy their civilization. For one thing. Yes & my father would not have climbed into his rowboat at daybreak on June 14, 1931. Little did I know that he was about to stick his oars in the water and row out of my sight forever. When my father took off at daybreak, I thought he was just going fishing. Thanks a lot, Spirit of God. And God saw everything that He had made, & behold, it was very good. Dare I add: Little did He know. Those were the days.
This New Yorker writer rewrites first chapter of Bible in style of Kurt Vonnegut.



12 comments:

  1. Is that your father rowing off in 1931? I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, ask the guy from The New Yorker who wrote it.
      Sheesh!

      Delete
  2. Sheesh! Robert could have made that post easier to read AND there'd be a piano piece tagged on.
    "A man can be vague with his writing and his point will be lost." C.S. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. And he'd recount some weird combination he's having for his dinner like Scotch eggs and vegetables. I'll stick with my nonsense thanks, it's more palatable.

      Delete
  3. La mamma degli imbecilli e` sempre incinta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least she's not wearing army boots (I think).

      Delete
    2. "An army marches in step to both Heaven and Hell." C.S.Lewis.

      Delete
    3. “Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.” C.S Lewis.

      Delete
    4. "We can't all be as funny as my brother Jerry." C.S.Lewis.

      Delete
    5. Yeah Jerry my bro, C.S. is a miserable bastard and he doesn't appreciate Pop/Rock music either"

      Huey Lewis.

      Delete
    6. I think we missed out on a bit of punctuation there.

      Delete
  4. You're a man after my own heart Richard.

    Fellif Lewis.

    ReplyDelete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...