Listen up.

Listen up.

Wednesday 11 December 2019

WE'VE GOT TO MOVE





You gotta move
You gotta move
You gotta move, child
You gotta move
Oh, when the Lord get ready
You gotta move



On my way home this morning from the dentist and a few holes of golf I turned into our street and the postman's van was stopped and he was putting mail in a neighbour's postbox.
I buzzed down the passenger window to say Hi to him. Before I could do so he said:

"Peace be with you"

I wasn't sure that I'd heard him properly and said"

"How're you going?"

Having just been to the dentist though, getting some serious root canal work done, the left side of my jaw was swollen and my face was still a bit numb. It sounded like I said"

"Go with god" or something like that.

It seemed to please the postman and he ended with:

"And with you"

and drove off.


WTF!
Did I hear right? Has the postie gone doolally? Maybe he needs a bigger hat in this hot weather we're having.
I drove off to my place 10 houses along and, before going up the drive collected the mail.

This!




Richard has sent us a card - an awful christmas card that has managed to blend Santa Claus imagery with religious claptrap. I swear that he's getting worse.




The message inside said that blessings were coming from Tod and it was signed off - Richard and Shelley.

I looked at the back and saw that this is one of those Canteen cards raising money for fighting cancer and was designed by a 17 year old who has cancer. OK, it's for a good cause and well done Shelley for supporting this but ....... it's a really horrible and kitschy card. Maybe it'd go well with Robert's camp christmas stuff in his fireplace.


No wonder the postman was using god-botherer speak when he was talking to me.

At least he didn't say :

"He is risen" but maybe he's saving that up for Easter Sunday.


We've gotta move.





3 comments:

  1. I was trying to keep the sentiment of the card going. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think?
    i'd have said medium- rare

    ReplyDelete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...