Listen up.

Listen up.

Friday 2 April 2021

A DISCOVERY

 Now, before I start this post I want to say that I'm not 'parallel universing.* OK?


Richard wrote a pretty good post about his stapler HERE

I know, I know it is a bit sad but it has been raining down where he lives and he is isolated so, short of joining The Friendless Society, sad blog posting keeps him occupied.

THE CURSE - IVOR CUTLER

Well today when I was looking for something in one of the storage boxes in the study above the wardrobe -


I found this:



It's a Swingline wall stapler made in the USA. I've had it for a few years now and think it was from the picture framing gallery we owned. It was there before we bought the business 12 years ago and it looks very old. It looks a bit rough but I can assure you that it works very well. It takes heavy, industrial-type staples not those namby pamby staples you find in normal paper staplers not unlike the one that Richard was promoting in his post. This baby will drive a heavy duty staple right through wood, plaster, plastic and anything else you care to try it on including fingers, arms and thighs - believe me I've done this.

I don't know what it was doing amongst one of the boxes of computer cords and connections but I've now put it in the 'stapler' drawer next to the computer desk.

It should be safe in here


I've taken over the four right hand drawers in the dresser that is in the study, for items relating to the study. The stapler drawer is one of them.

Here are the other three:




One drawer is for pens and pencils; one for paper punches, scissors and business cards; the last is for various computer software things.  

I did this so as to keep like things with like instead of just having a big jumble of things in a box. The observant reader will notice that a couple of the drawers are getting into a bit of a jumble themselves. I blame The Old Girl.


Well that it for now. I'd better go. Geoff is coming today for Easter and The Old Girl is doing a lot of unnecessary cleaning and tidying and I'm expecting to be on vacuuming and floor washing duty any moment now.





* Parallel universing is where when someone tells ann interesting, or even a not very interesting story, the listener or someone else jumps in and recounts a similar story that relates to them. It's considered to be the height of bad manners.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I actually fell asleep while reading that. I guess you forgot about reader interest. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...