Listen up.

Listen up.

Wednesday 23 March 2022

SAINT REBECCA

I found this video while searching through christian music (as you do) and immediately thought of Robert's Saint Faustina (as he does) and wondered if she had been reincarnated:


REBORN 


Rebecca St. James could well have  gone through either a psychotic breakdown or had a revelation of Jesus Christ (you decide) not unlike what Maria Faustyna Kowalska (Saint Faustina) claimed to have had.

Faustina was pretty successful in her 'career', becoming a saint and all but imagine if there had been internet video technology in her day. I can see Faustina banging out a driving dance beat and  trippy visual metaphors to make the music video for 'Reborn'.

Virgin, Religious, Christian Mystic,
"Apostle of Divine Mercy"


Advocate for sexual abstinence, anti-abortion
and for, well, god in general


St. James isn't her real name - that's  Smallbone but Rebecca changed that because, as she says

 "Well, God totally confirmed that I was meant to use 'St. James'".

She burbles on - 

" My label had kinda wanted me to change my name which I didn't like the idea at all initially. And they thought about naming me "Rebecca St. John" and I just didn't like it because I didn't even have a relative named John. It just wasn't a part of my life. So, I thought about "St. James" because John and James are similar but my grandfather's name was James. But I was still unsure about the changing the name thing and then I called up my grandma, who's in Australia and we were in Nashville at the time, and I said "Do you have any family names I can use - at least close to my heart?" And she said, "Well, how about 'James'?" because Jim was James and this was just after he passed away. So it's a total miracle that she even brought it up and on the other side of the world without knowing what we were thinking and she brought up the same name. So I felt like God really confirmed it and it's kind of like a tribute to my grandfather, too, because he was a real man of God."

Thanks for clearing that up Rebecca. It sort of makes what Faustina's on record as saying almost comprehensible.

Fausina said that Jesus told her to:

Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: "Jesus, I trust in You" (in Polish: "Jezu, ufam Tobie"). I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and then throughout the world. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish.
It's nice to see that Jesus speaks Polish.

Faustina also said:

“Jesus loves hidden souls. A hidden flower is the most fragrant. I must strive to make the interior of my soul a resting place for the Heart of Jesus.”

“If the angels were capable of envy, they would envy us for two things: one is the receiving of Holy Communion, and the other is suffering.”

“The Holy Spirit does not speak to a soul that is distracted and garrulous. He speaks by His quiet inspirations to a soul that is recollected, to a soul that knows how to keep silence.”

Now if put to music those quotable quotes would make good lyrics, certainly better than 'Saint' Rebecca's lyrics in her song 'Reborn'.


If you see a change in me don't wonder
There's someone in my life
And peace I can't describe
For I've been reborn
If you see a change in me don't wonder
I've found a whole new life
And hope that I can't hide
For I've been reborn
Have you ever felt a longing
A searching, within your soul
You want something more
But you don't know what for
There's one who will reach across the distance
From the heavens to the earth
Because he loves you
He loves you
Have you ever felt that something
Is missing within your soul
You want something more,
But you don't know what for
There is only One you need,
But you've got to believe
That He loves you enough
To give His life

9 comments:

  1. You should write a religious song for Robert. You could use the word 'smallbone' in it.

    Eg.
    Hey, tell me what, which one is Jesus?
    I'll get the answer from your tone.
    As you talk, his image is before me.
    He's the one with a small bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus got tired of having his name taken in vain
    He knew that people called out to him when they were in pain
    But his ire would reach the highest
    Whenever he heard "Jesus Christ!"
    From another clumsy tradesman hitting his finger again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thoughts, how's the garden pavement coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you asked that as today I've spent a couple of hours putting in pavers in the area where I park the trailer. The ground is soft and ..... but I'll save the story for a post coming soon.

      Delete
  4. Look, sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned the garden and its pavers. There is definitely no hurry to continue that series. Wait years if you like. Honestly, it's no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks but no under the counter drugs were involved. Truly.

      Delete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...