Listen up.

Listen up.

Sunday 20 March 2022

I HAD TO PHONE SOMEONE, SO I PICKED ON YOU

 Trawling through YouTube I stopped and listened to David Bowie's 'Starman'.

STARMAN - DAVID BOWIE

Listening to the lyrics I immediately thought of Robert and his belief that Jesus is waiting 'up there' somewhere.

I had to phone someone, so I picked on you
Hey, that's far out, so you heard him too!
Switch on the TV, we may pick him up on channel two
Look out your window, I can see his light
If we can sparkle, he may land tonight
Don't tell your poppa or he'll get us locked up in fright
There's a Starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a Starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie
Starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a Starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
Well, it's no sillier than that stuff that gets dished up in sermons at Mass.






4 comments:

  1. Was that supposed to be a comment?

    Anyway, it was for Robert, not for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the verse ..He'd like to come and meet us
    But he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    St Faustina found having visions of Jesus difficult. Her visions were of reality that is shocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "St Faustina found having visions of Jesus difficult. Her visions were of reality that is shocking."

      Yes, her perception of reality was shocking. I think that modern psychiatry would have an answer for her visions. Modern (illegal) pharmacology might be interested as well.

      Delete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...