Listen up.

Listen up.

Saturday 12 August 2023

UNUSUAL CHRISTIAN PRACTICES #2

The first in this new series has already proven to be a success with one reader saying: "Yes" (I had to edit his comment down as the effusiveness was embarrassing). This has encouraged me into continuing.


It used to bug me when I was a kid when told by the nuns about the Assumption of Mary.

They told some cockamamy story about the old dame being hauled up to heaven by Jesus or something.  I always assumed (see what I did there?) that I'd misheard like I did with that 'Our Lady of the Petrol Sucker' thing.

No, I, and I think correctly, interpreted the Assumption of Mary as being her take on some historical, well, Christian-made-up event.

It came as a surprise to Mary, Jesus's mother when she was told of his affair with Mary Magdalene and them running off together, see: HERE

"Shh  Mags... don't tel Mum."

Mary had always thought that her son was homosexual. She had closeted and fussed over him as her little boy and encouraged him to wear those long dresses. WAS JESUS GAY?

She had just assumed this.



4 comments:

  1. What's the weather like up north?

    Richard (of RBB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warm and sunny, why?
      Oh, I see ... I'm inside resting my hip.

      Delete
  2. You've always been a hip guy.

    Richard (of RBB)

    ps. The John McKenzie books really seem to be catching on!

    ReplyDelete

THE MORE OBSCURE CATHOLIC SAINTS - PART FIVE

I know that some readers think that I make these saints up but, believe me, sometimes fact is much stranger than fiction. Take St. Joseph of...