Sunday 12 May 2024

I STARTED A JOKE ... *

 Someone started a thread in this blogging community and it is unravelling at a fast pace, spurred on from some theological nonsense courtesy of Robert. I'd provide a link but he seems to have deleted the posts or I can't access them on his blog for some reason - probably because it's Sunday and atheists are forbidden entry.


The thread is about the ridiculous constructs of the Catholic Church with particular reference to the concept of Transubstantiation where Robert promised to explain what this means but instead copied the almost entire 'proof' from the Vatican which ran to far more words than I cared to read.

It reminds me of this Bee Gees song:



Well it confuses the bejesus out of me (which I guess is the pun origin of the band's name).

If my mother was alive today she'd call me a heathen and I have an aunt who, like Robert, believes all of the Catholic Church's mumbo jumbo and would cut me off if she read the 'blasphemous' things I go on about.

I'll wait - "..... waiting, waiting ..." for Robert to resurface and write what he truly believes (not from that silly Catholic 'faith' thing) concerning the Eucharist and Transubstantiation means in layman's terms.

I'm not going anywhere ..... well, maybe to Hell.




* Actually the 'joke' started back in the 4th century when the Catholic Church made up all this nonsense and pretended that it stemmed from Jesus during his life more than 3 centuries earlier.


5 comments:

  1. It looks like that post might be gone from his blog. I might be wrong but it looks like there's a new post and no others. The link to Tent Horn appears to have disappeared too. I'll go and have another look.

    Richard (of RBB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked. Just the one new post. There was one comment, but I couldn't get in to read it. Transubstantiation must be a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn - just when things were unravelling nicely. I like a good unravel (is that a Mussorgsky pun?)

      Delete
  3. Can you please explain all the parables of Jesus. I like fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete


  4. Do you mean apart from these ones?

    The Quran's Q39:28-30 boasts "every kind of parable in the Quran". The Quranic verses include parables of the good and evil tree (Q14:32-45), of the two men, and of the spider's house. Q16:77 contains the parable of the slave and his master, followed by the parable of the blind man and the sighted.

    The parable is related to figures of speech such as metaphor and simile. A parable is like a metaphor in that it uses concrete, perceptible phenomena to illustrate abstract ideas. It may be said that a parable is a metaphor that has been extended to form a brief, coherent narrative. A parable also resembles a simile, i.e., a metaphorical construction in which something is said to be "like" something else (e.g., "The just man is like a tree planted by streams of water"). However, unlike the meaning of a simile, a parable's meaning is implicit (although not secret).


    Ignacy Krasicki, author of "Abuzei and Tair"
    Akhfash's goat – a Persian parable
    Hercules at the crossroads – an ancient Greek parable
    Parables by Ignacy Krasicki, from his 1779 book Fables and Parables:
    Abuzei and Tair
    The Blind Man and the Lame
    The Drunkard
    The Farmer
    Son and Father
    The Rooster Prince – a Hasidic parable

    ReplyDelete

WOO-WOO!

Robert's at it again with his crazy Catholic beliefs. In one of his recent posts for some reason he regurgitated the nonsense about  the...