Listen up.

Listen up.

Thursday 28 July 2022

"I REALISED I HAD NO REASON TO BELIEVE" ........

..... "but the people around me believed without reason."


 REASON TO BELIEVE - ROD STEWART


******************

Today I watched an interesting YouTube clip of Simone de Beauvoir talking on existentialism and god.

I'm sure that the many readers, or certainly those with open minds (which might bring the number down to one) will enjoy watching this. Simone de Beauvoir was a very intelligent woman and a leader in French existentialism. She was a philosopher and writer and renowned for essays on ethics, feminism, and politics along with fictional works. She was a contemporary of Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus and Maurice Merleau-Ponty.



This is only a few minutes long but full of deep observations and some very worthy quotes including this one:


"I then realised God no longer existed for me - he had evaporated."









3 comments:

  1. St. Someone or Other. Will have checked all that stuff out and Robert will have some quotes so don't get too cocky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” Jeremiah (who was a bullfrog)

    ReplyDelete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...