Listen up.

Listen up.

Tuesday 22 November 2022

WHERE'S THE ARK OF THE COVENANT?

 



OK, so where is it?


It gets me that this thing that's so important has been mislaid and no-one knows where the damned thing is.

If it's a big, fancy-schmancy box made of gold and encrusted with precious jewels surely it would stand out.


I was thinking about this today when I was looking for a computer external hard drive that we own. We haven't used it for a while and it has some old photographs on it that are no longer on the (working) computers we have. I looked all over for it to no avail and suspect that it's in a nondescript box somewhere in the attic, above the wardrobe in the study, in the cupboards at the end of the house or in the shed. To find it I'll have to did through all of these.


Maybe someone, many years ago put the Ark of the Covenant in a show box and then someone else stick it in an attic. That would explain the mystery,





4 comments:

  1. No more of a mystery than how Shelley loses her glasses or her phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can empathise with that. Lynn has so many pairs of reading glasses and sunglasses but when it comes to the deadline of going out - none are to be found. I've threatened, for years, to buy her one of those granny-type chains that hold her glasses to go around her neck.

    I have to duck every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to recall Sister Mary telling me at St Vincent de Paul's primary school that the old Ark was buried in a cave by King David? Or some king. Of course it does not matter anymore since Sister Mary assured me that Mary, the daughter of Anne and Joachim, is the new Ark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Mary who? They were all named Sister Mary xxxxxx.

    ReplyDelete

THE MORE OBSCURE CATHOLIC SAINTS - PART FIVE

I know that some readers think that I make these saints up but, believe me, sometimes fact is much stranger than fiction. Take St. Joseph of...