Listen up.

Listen up.

Sunday 17 December 2023

MINE EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY OF THE COMING OF THE LORD

 As The Curmudgeon advised the Sunday Quiz, the Sunday Riddle and the Sunday Conundrum have all been discontinued due to cheating, indifference and snide references from readers. 


Instead I have decided to provide a weekly Bible story for you from  The Most Ridiculous Bible Stories.

First up is this: Exodus 33:18

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 

20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 

22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 

23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Well, that's a bit weird. It sounds like a silly game that lovers play... mind you...



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so too. It may become a regular Sunday post depending on the response from the other readers.

      Delete
  2. Ah, that's really nice to see you including people like Bin Hire, Phillip Edward Nis and The The The Guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sorry for the unemployed and down and outers.

      Delete
  3. I like this post. Being a lapsed Catholic (with good reason) any blogs that poke fun at religions interest me. I tried to start up a blog some time ago but thought that there wouldn't be enough interest. Maybe I should give it another go.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, give it a go Michael. There's no shortage of material to work on with the Catholic Church and its peccadillos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a peccadillo something that we eat?
    Except for the silly cartoon, I thought it was a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re thinking of armadillos. They are delicious smoked and sliced but have to be soaked for a long time in brine first in order to soften them.

      TC

      Delete
    2. What was silly about the cartoon? I thoght that it captured what the bible said exactly.

      Delete

INFINITE DIGNITY

  Robert the Sinner (his current manifestation) often promulgates the latest propaganda offerings from the Catholic Church aka The Vatican. ...